Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Milestone

Well, it has been a long time coming but Timothy finally slept through the night. He woke up at 10:00pm was back asleep by 10:30 and slept until 6:30am. At almost 11 months it seems he has decided he is ready. This had also coincided (not accidentally I am sure) with the fact that he is no longer interested in breastfeeding. It has been 2 1/2 days since he has last breastfed. He went from feeding quite often to nothing leaving me to cope, and very uncomfortable!

At first I was sad, because it was sooo sudden and I was not ready to lose that connection with him. I wasn't even considering cutting back on feedings until he was 1 year and thought I may nurse him for something closer to 18 months. But, I think I'll take the sleep. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment