Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa

 

Charlotte sat on Santa's lap last Saturday night. I thought for sure she would be afraid, but nothing could be further from the truth. She had already decided what she would ask him for before we arrived, and Papa, who was sick at home, sent her with a question for Santa. I thought for sure she would be afraid, but nothing could be further from the truth.
Before he arrived she was dancing around at the thought of meeting him. When he arrived, she waited her turn in line all by herself and climbed right on up in his lap. She told him she wanted a pony. And she then asked him if he wanted us to leave cake or cookies for him. He told her that he would love cookies, chocolate chip to be exact. He then gave her a candy cane and she was thrilled.
It was a fun experience. Timothy had fun being there, waiting in line for a few moments then dashing over to the tree to try to run away with the presents. Apparently he would rather run off with a sure thing than ask Santa and wait and see if he gets it. He had no desire to sit in Santa's lap, and I had no desire to force him. We got out of there with no crying and I am left still trying to figure out who told my not-even-3-yr-old that she could ask for a pony?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. haha... get your backyard ready for that pony lady ;) great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I thought I had a few more years before I had to deal with this one. Pretty sure Santa won't be bringing a real pony. Where do they get this stuff??

    ReplyDelete