Tuesday, June 23, 2009

camping on the green river


We had a fun time camping on the green river with some friends. The green river runs on the west side of the wind river mountains and it was rainy and cool. Timothy and Charlotte did well. Timothy walked around a big grump if it was raining, complaining I think about bulky clothing and cold weather. Charlotte took the opportunity to sport her rain boots and splash in the puddles. Both kids slept well-so that is always nice.

I discovered on the trip once again how independent Timothy is becoming. I thought being in a new place he would want me to cuddle and rock him to sleep-well no way. He was just mad if I tried to rock him, he wanted to be in his crib and do it himself-okay-easier for me, just hard to believe. Even when he woke once in the night, he wanted reassurance that I was there, but did not want to snuggle and sleep with me-boy was he pissed. It is just so hard for me to believe at one year old, but he is a good communicator and does not hide those feelings. It will be interesting when he can talk. Right now he is signing some and will point to food and sign "more"-see if you can find the picture where he is asking for a Newman-O cookie.

Charlotte's favorite part about camping seemed to be all the "junk food" she got to eat. She tried somores for the first time-yuuummmy. I am thankful that I at least have one little cuddler in Charlotte. She was thriving in all the attention. Sometimes kid's professions reveal themselves early in life, see if you can find the picture where she is telling us what she wants to be when she grows up :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment