Chickpea and Sausage Stew-adapted slightly from Real Simple
1 T. olive oil
1 large onion chopped
12 oz. italian sausage, casings removed
2 T. tomato paste
1/2 c. flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
2 c. chicken broth
2,15 oz. cans of chickpeas
1,10 oz. package frozen spinach
salt and pepper
your favorite bakery bread sliced thick and spread with lots of olive oil
and garlic salt
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and stir 5-7 minutesor until soft.
2. Add sausage and cook crumbling it until browned, about 8 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and cilantro and cook for one minute.
4. Add broth and chickpeas and bring to boil. Add frozen spinach and simmer partially covered for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
5. Yummy served on top of the bread or on the side.